Duration: 1 Day
Departures: All year round
Fitness Level: AverageReservations: Enquire Now
ITINERARY ISLAND OF THE SUN and COPACABANAPick up from your hotel in Puno at 6:30 am, for the 3 hour drive to the Sanctuary of Copacabana. Copacabana is the most important religious sanctuary of Bolivia. Thousands of pilgrims visit the virgin of Copacabana also known as Native Madonna, every year. We visit the main square and the impressive Cathedral (tour 1/2 hour). Then we go to the Island Sun. We have a 1 hour spectacular catamaran cruise, on the beautiful Titicaca Lake which includes lunch. This island has been identified as the birthplace of several revered entities, including the sun itself, a source of magnetic energy, vertex of the earth and cradle of the Empire Inca. The Inca couple Manco Capac and Mama Ocllo appeared here and founded the Sun Empire. During the 2 hour tour to Isla del Sol you will visit:
- The Inca Garden: the island micro climate provides the ideal location for this garden that was full of Andean flowers, water and trees, during Incan times.
- The Inca Stairs that were built by the Incas to reach the Inca Water Spring. It’s a natural water spring with 3 different flavours. The Incas believed it was the Fountain of Youth.
- The Complex Sun Island Inti Wata, which contains the largest amount of archaeological items founded on the island and the largest variety flora and fauna available in Bolivia.
- The Old Ceremony Kallawaya Sun Island, with crafts, natural medicine, art, magic, and ancient traditions are part of the mystical world and heritage of the Kallawayas. The purpose of this mystic ceremony is to purify the souls of the holy temple visitors to Chinkana. This ceremony takes place at an Incan altar at the top of the hill facing the temple and overlooking the lake. Then we go back to Copacabana and arrive in Puno at 5:30 pm
- Shared tourist transportation
- All transfers – to and from hotel
- English-speaking guide
- All entry fees
- Meals as specified in itinerary.
- Alcoholic beverages, bottled water, snacks.
PRICE: US$115 per personEnquire Now
Note: The price is an estimate and is subject to change slightly, until your reservation is confirmed.